The transition from High school to University is always a nerve wracking one. The thought of complete independence as you go into university does feel good, but it is very understandable if you may have doubts. The fear of the unknown can slowly change your outlook on attending university. However; in any new venture you take in life, there would always be the feeling of nervousness and fear – this is completely OK. But I am here to tell you… Attending university is nothing to be apprehensive of.
It is a great journey to embark on and once you get to the finish line, the feeling is unexplainable! Being able to study something you potentially want a career in makes the journey 10x more exciting- this alone should excite you.
The benefits of attending university are endless. Even though many people choose to either not go to university or some may want to go later in life; this does not take away from the fact that going university is always a good idea, especially when you want to go into a particular field.
Attending university allows you to:
• Make more money once you graduate and gain greater financial stability
• Gain new skills
• Opens the door to many more opportunities
• Improves your communication and analytical skills
• University graduates are given the option to fast-track their career with graduate study.
• Studying at university encourages creative and independent thought.
• University life exposes students to other cultures and backgrounds.
The only way is up after graduating from university. The road to completing the 3 or 4 year course may not always be easy, but it is most definitely worth it!