The Foundation Year or Extended Degree is part of the undergraduate programme and includes initiatory subjects to prepare students to the university life and following years. The extra modules for the extended degree take one year only.
It’s important to consider that this is not an optional year. The conditions to start from the foundation year depends on your education history and grades. After the application is sent, the university will check all the documents and determine if you need to start from foundation year or Year 1.
Course duration: 4 years
Mode of study: Full-time
*ask your advisor about daytime or evening & weekend options.
English requirements: 55 points in the internal English exam (students with IELTS certificate – no component below 5.5 or English Functional Skills Level 2 certificates can be exempt from this exam).
List of courses with foundation year available:
- BSc – Health and Social Care
- BSc – Business Management
- BSc – Business and Marketing
- BSc – Business and Tourism Management
- BSc – Business and Healthcare Management
- BSc – Business and Hospitality Management
- BSc – Business and Human Resource Management
- BSc – International Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BA (Hons) International Tourism Management
- BA (Hons) Business Management (Healthcare)
- LLB (Hons) – Law
- BSc – Business and Law
- BSc – Law and Accounting
- BSc – Finance and Accounting
- BA (Hons) Business ManagementBA (Hons) Events ManagementBA (Hons) International Tourism Management
- BSc (Hons) Business Accounting
- BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Management
- BSc – Computing Technologies
Course sectors in Southampton only:
- Architecture and Construction
- Art and Design
- Business and Finance
- Computing and Games
- English and Journalism
- Health and Psychology
- International Studies
- Law and Criminology
- Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Music and Performance
- Sport and Fitness
- Travel and Tourism
- TV, Film, Media Production and Technology
Before applying for a foundation year course, speak with your advisor to clarify your certificate’s equivalency, and we will give you full guidance regarding all the documents needed for the application and exams preparation.
We work with different start dates (intakes – January, June, and September). Your advisor will also help you with the course availability for each intake and city together with all the information you might need.